About the City Clerk
The office of the city clerk performs administrative and management work in service as Clerk to City Council. As such, the clerk sets and posts meeting notices, completes documentation for the council, and keeps complete records of all council meetings.
The clerk also:
- Acts as the City ADA Coordinator
- Administers the licensing of certain businesses and alcohol and enforcement of the same
- Directs the conduct of municipal elections for the City
- Directs records management and City Code maintenance
- Issues permits for various activities including alcohol catering, mobile food units, transient merchants and solicitors, and for individual and commercial park use
- Manages public records requests
- Retains legal documents including ordinances and resolutions, land deeds, vehicle titles, and contracts
The clerk works with the public to answer questions regarding the Jerome Municipal Code and all city records, and strives to make all required records available and transparent.
Permit/License applications, Public Records and Banner request forms are listed under "Related Documents" below.